The New Zealand Association of Psychology Teachers is pleased, proud and excited to announce that we have been awarded a Ministry of Education contract for the next two years under the 'Networks of Expertise' initiative. Networks of Expertise are designed to provide subject specific professional development support for teachers. The focus of the Network set up by NZAPT will include strengthening existing supports such as our annual professional development workshop as well as developing new initiatives to provide resources, peer support and networks for new and experienced teachers of psychology in new Zealand.
Our goals are to:
- Provide a strong, sustainable national subject association
- Support individual teachers and schools keen to introduce psychology as a new course
- Provide support and professional development to both new and experienced teachers of psychology
- Develop practical resources for teachers which are adaptable, usable and facilitate high quality teaching and learning in psychology
- Maintain the NZAPT website as a source of information, communication, inspiration and resource sharing for psychology teachers
- Advocate for psychology as a subject which should be respected and have parity with comparable subjects within the NZ Curriculum
- Developing a resource pack – the focus of this depends on teacher feedback.
- Contracting a project co-ordinator to oversee individual projects
- Organising a strong professional development workshop to take place early in Term 4 2018
- Investigating the viability and usefulness of 'regional hubs' of expertise for psychology teachers.
A committee has been formed to steer the Network's first steps.
Hannah Cameron, Gaye Bloomfield, Sarah Monkley, Eric Wheater and Sam Dudek.
We look forward to this next exciting phase for psychology in New Zealand high schools. Nga mihi nui.
Please now take a few minutes to respond to the survey on Network proposals and resource development!
Position available - Resource Developer(s)
Contracted resource developer required. Time required, fees and and format of resources negotiable. Initial suggestions include:
Position(s) available - Project Co-ordinator and / or financial admin
Project co-ordinator required. Time required, fees and specific tasks negotiable. Initial suggestions include: